I’ve been running for over thirty-three years that said I’m not slander never will be. I run indoors and out to keep my body fit and to control belly fat. Jogging makes my quality of life confidence and we control better. know we spend our money on all kinds of things we find desirable fancy cars, dresses, shoes, and boats you name it. But none of these things can vastly improve your very existence, make life worth living but the best treadmills under 500 can.
Running outdoors is preferable and free but sometimes not practical. The constant impact and pounding your joints and door take a toll on every runner I’ve actually. Dogs, speeding cars with inattentive drivers, you name it. Then there’s always the fact you may be out of range of a bathroom when nature screams.
Of course, you can always join a gym right, they’re fantastic. Until you get off work and have to drive through snow, rain, fatigue you get the idea. Then you get there in your favorite machine is taken for the guy who’s so dedicated to letting little bubonic plague spoil their work out.
Gently, wiping her snot all over the treadmill. You have to remember you’re just one of the many, many people who frequent your favorite work out spot. There may be a variety of unacceptable behaviors, no matter how hard the staff tried to make things pleasant. So let’s say you decide to take the plunge and considering best treadmills under 500 to buy but how do you choose? First and perhaps most importantly choose your footprint well.
My experience has been to research carefully and by the biggest beef, you smile you can afford if it has the features you need and you have your own special place to accommodate it.
Table of Content
- 1 Best Treadmills Under 500 For An Effective Workout
Best Treadmills Under 500 For An Effective Workout
If you are looking to buy a high-impact treadmill for your home or office, here’s a list of the best-selling treadmills to consider:
Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
Featuring a Comfort Cell Cushioning and two-position manual incline, this Weslo Cadence treadmill combines quality with performance.
- The space-saving design and the foldable feature make it convenient to keep at home or in the office.
- It features a pulse rate monitor that is built into the console and provides the user with the correct heart rate by putting their thumb on the sensor.
- Tracking workouts and progress is easy with the blue-tinted LCD display which tracks the time, speed, distance and number of calories burned.
- The Weslo treadmill features Comfort Cell Cushioning for reduced stress on the joints and to maximize impact absorption.
- It features personal trainer workouts in order to lose weight quickly and effectively. They automatically adjust the incline and speed of the treadmill for increased intensity.
- The treadmill has a weight capacity of 275 lbs.
- The dimensions of the treadmill are 68 x 31 x 10 inches.
- The overall weight of the treadmill is 130.1 pounds.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
Featuring a large running surface, this treadmill offers unmatched performance. You can lose weight quickly and effectively with this high-impact treadmill.
- The treadmill features a 2.25 HP motor with a one-year warranty.
- A large running/walking area of 16” x 50” provides enough space for convenient usage.
- The LCD display of 5 inches provides all the important information related to incline, time, speed, pulse and number of calories burned.
- It features a speed range of 0.5-10 mph, allowing users the flexibility to choose according to their fitness level.
- The quick touch buttons for speed let the user quickly change the speed from 1 mph to 9 mph.
- The XTERRA Cushioned Deck offers enhanced impact absorption and reduced stress on the joints.
- It features three manual inclines to offer maximum variety and let you push yourself to the limit.
- The sturdy steel frame makes for a lasting build.
- It includes accessory holders that have been integrated into the console for a water bottle, remote control, phone, music players and more.
- For those who love to read, the treadmill includes a reading rack.
- It has a weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- The foldable design saves space.
- The assembled weight of the treadmill is 180 lbs.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty for the frame, 1-year warranty for the motor and 90-day warranty for labor and parts.
NordicTrack T 6.5S Treadmill
Featuring an ever-expanding workout library, the NordicTrack is the ultimate way to achieve your fitness goals.
- It features Google Maps training routes and automatic statistics tracking.
- The 5-inch display shows time, speed, heart rate, distance, and calories burned. It will design a workout based on these statistics.
- It features a 0-10% incline that targets particular muscles and burns more calories.
- The tread belt measures 20 by 55 inches and lets the user select the cushioned deck for enhanced impact absorption and reduced stress on the joints.
- It features 20 workout apps that have been created by certified trainers.
- Listening to your favorite tracks while exercising is super easy by connecting your music device to the T 6.5S sound system.
- The dual 2-inch speakers offer high-quality sound.
- The heart rate can be measured with the CardioGrip sensors that have been built into the console to provide an accurate reading.
- The one-touch control feature lets the user adjust speed between 0 and 12 mph without scrolling through the settings.
- The weight of the treadmill is 198 pounds.
- Available in black color.
- It features a lifetime frame, 1-year labor and parts, and a 25-year motor warranty.
Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Treadmill
The powerful motor combined with a multi-layer running belt makes it the ideal workout machine.
- It features a folding design that is convenient to use in the home or office.
- The rolling wheels make for easy transportability.
- It includes a multi-functional display that lets the user track speed, heart rate, distance and number of calories burned.
- The multi-layer belt is made from 4 layers that include a PVC coating and polyester mesh backing.
- The powerful motor ensures smooth long-distance running and offers low noise.
- When the handlebar is gripped, the sensor picks up the pulse rate and tracks the heart rate.
- It features three incline positions.
- The efficient deck offers to cushion to the back, ankle, and joints.
- The running surface of the treadmill measures 14 by 44 inches.
- The weight capacity of the treadmill is 220 lbs.
- It requires a voltage of 110 V.
- The high-impact treadmill offers a speed of 0.62 mph – 6.2 mph or 1 km/h to 10 km/h.
- Available in black color.
ProForm PFTL59515 Performance 400i Treadmill
For a high-impact workout, the ProForm is the perfect treadmill. Featuring 18 onboard workouts and a roomy deck, it offers performance with quality.
- Designed to provide a whole new level of fitness, this premium treadmill features a vast collection of global workouts and workout classes.
- The iFit Coach will control the incline automatically according to the workout or class you have selected.
- The user can benefit from professional programs once they step on the deck.
- The motor used in this treadmill is bigger than normal and it lets the user select a top speed of 10 mph.
- The in-home efficiency booster lets you run as much as you like without using a lot of electricity, thus saving on bills.
- It offers instant adjustment with the help of QuickSpeed buttons, which let you control the intensity of the workout without having to scroll through the settings.
- The tread belt measures 20” x 55” for a comfortable walk/run. The extra length lets users conveniently stretch out their strides.
- Measuring 20 inches wide, it offers enough space for your elbows.
- The EKG grip sensors detect and track the heart rate.
- The tread belt has been designed to maximize impact absorption and reduce stress on the joints.
- It features a powerful motor of 2.5 CHP.
- The auxiliary audio port with dual 2-inch speakers lets the user connect a music device and listen to their favorite tracks while exercising.
- It features a lifetime warranty for the frame, 1-year parts and labor warranty, and a 25-year warranty for the motor.
SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Exercise Machine
Featuring an iFitShow sports app, the smart folding treadmill will turn even boring workouts into exciting high-impact fitness sessions.
- It features a foldable design that is portable and easy to set up.
- The tread belt measures 39.3 x 13.4 inches, making for a comfortable run/walk.
- The effective tread belt helps maximize impact absorption and reduce stress on the joints.
- The hand grip has built-in sensors that help track the heart rate.
- The large LCD display shows the speed, time, distance, pulse, and calories burned.
- It features holders for keeping your phone or tablet.
- The strong and powerful motor features a long and smooth function with hardly any noise.
- The handlebars offer a strong balance when walking or running.
- The wheels on the bottom make it easy to transport.
- It offers an adjustable speed of 0.6-6.0 mph.
- It offers a maximum capacity of 265 lbs.
- The required power supply is 100-120 V.
- An iFitShow app is available for both Android and iOS.
- It supports the 4.0 BLE Bluetooth version.
- The weight of the treadmill is 57.3 pounds.
Features to Consider When Buying Best Treadmills Under 500
When buying the best treadmills under 500 for your home or office, it is essential to consider a few features before making a purchase.
The motor attached to a treadmill powers the track. The motor power is measured in horsepower (HP) or continuous horsepower (CHP). The CHP is the most used as it indicates the power of a motor working continuously instead of its power at its peak.
The motor power you need depends directly on your body weight and the type of exercises you want to indulge in. For those who weigh up to 200 pounds and need a treadmill for walking, a 2.0 CHP motor or higher is recommended. For jogging for people in the same weight category, it would be wise to choose a 2.5 CHP motor or more. In the case of running, consider choosing a 3.0 CHP motor or more.
The track size may not be the most important feature for some, but it is essential to consider users who take long strides. The track length in recent treadmills is 55 inches for walking and 58 and 60 inches for running. The track width in a standard treadmill is 20 inches, but it is recommended to get a wider track for large and heavy trainers.
The durability of a tread belt is measured by three factors, which are thickness, metal rollers, and lubrication. A tread belt that features two- or four-ply thickness is more durable than a single-layered one. The thicker tread belts are also quiet and provide more cushioning than single-layered tread belts. This feature is usually present in high-end treadmills. Low or mid-budget treadmills usually feature a single-layered tread belt.
When it comes to rollers, those that have large diameters place less stress on the motor and even help extend the belt life. Consider a 2.5-inch diameter for a home treadmill.
Furthermore, to maintain the track, it needs to be lubricated every few months. However, some treadmills have maintenance-free tracks because they have silicone or some other lubricant infused in them. The best example of this is the Precor treadmill. Your choice here will depend on how much effort you want to make for its maintenance.
It is good to consider a 10-mph speed for trainees. However, if you want to run a 5-minute mile, you require a machine that offers a higher speed. Treadmills that go up to 12 mph can be bought under 1000 dollars.
Cushioning on tracks helps to prevent undue stress on the joints. When compared to running on the road, running on a cushioned treadmill reduces impact from 15 to 40 percent. It is important to get a cushioned track for runners, but it can benefit anyone in general. This feature not only helps prevent injuries but can also build up stamina. Some treadmills offer adjustable cushioning, so users can pick their preferred support level.
If you are looking to burn more calories and get faster results, look for a treadmill that offers good incline options. The treadmill incline can reduce stress on joints and target specific muscles. Treadmills can be inclined to 10, 15 or 20 percent maximum. Treadmill inclines are mostly motorized, but some cheap ones offer manual adjustment.
The weight capacity for treadmills varies from 250 to 400 pounds. It is recommended to get a treadmill that offers 50 pounds more than your actual body weight so that the motor is not strained.
Portability and Storage
Treadmills nowadays come in a folded design that makes for easy usage and less space utilization. Once you are done with the workout, you can fold the deck and save floor space.
Small treadmills even come in a portable design and feature wheels. This makes it easy to transport from one place to another. Small treadmills are compact and can even be stored under the bed or in the closet. Generally, such treadmills are substandard, so get a treadmill that offers portability and storage without compromising on quality.
When looking for a treadmill, consider getting one that offers a lifetime frame warranty and a minimum of 25 years for the motor. The labor and parts are usually under warranty for 1 or 2 years. Some might even offer to set up the treadmill for free or for a nominal fee.